திங்கள், 17 ஜனவரி, 2011

What is meditation??

That word had been used both in the East and the West ina most unfortunate way. There are different schools of meditation, different methods and systems. There are systems which say “Watch the movement of your big toe, watch it, watch it, watch it”; there are other systems which advocate sitting in a certain posture, breathing regularly or practising awareness. All this is utterly mechanical. Another method gives you a certain word and tells you that if you go on repeating it you will have some extraordinary transcendental experience. This is sheer nonsense.


- J.Krishnamurthi






Yes, people..don't waste your money and time for useless habits( not about the exercise you learn).
(sorry modern gurus)


The effects of individual transformation on society and the world as a whole:


I think it is important ... that we should understand ourselves totally and completely, because ... we are the world, and the world is us. ... I condemn, judge, evaluate, and say, 'this is right, wrong, this is good, this is bad' according to the culture, the tradition, the knowledge, the experience which the observer has gathered. Therefore it prevents the observation of the living thing, which is the 'me'. ... When the Muslim says he is a Muslim, he is the past, conditioned by the culture in which he has been brought up. Or the Catholic, Communist. You follow? ... So when we talk about living we are talking about living in the past. And therefore there is conflict between the past and the present, because I am conditioned as a Muslim, or god knows what, and I cannot meet the living present, which demands that I break down my conditioning. ... And in the past there is security. Right? My house, my wife, my belief, my status, my position, my fame, my blasted little self – in that there is great safety, security. And I am asking, can the mind observe without any of that? ... Therefore the mind is totally free. And you say, what is the point of that being free? The point is: such a mind has no conflict. And such a mind is completely quiet and peaceful, not violent. And such a mind can create a new culture – a new culture, not a counter-culture of the old, but a totally different thing altogether, where we shall have no conflict at all. 
- JK


(thank you Jiddu)









கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக